Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Get What You Give

Matthew 5:7
Get what you give.

Happy are the kind and merciful, for they shall be shown mercy. Jesus, is saying what you give unto others is exactly what I will reward you with; the same measure.

He wants us to become like Him. Be imitators of God dear children. What you have seen me do; now you go and do to others. As in Father does, He is asking us to become like Him. We are being called to take on His traits as our own. How kind is He? Can words even describe His kindness toward us? While we were yet filthy sinners, who hated Him; Jesus showed us kindness calling us His own. Did we deserve this? What did He gain from it? How can we thank Him for His loving kindness toward us?

We show our gratitude for His mercy through showing kindness and mercy. If anyone gives even a cup of cold water to one of these little ones because he is my disciple, I tell you the truth, he will certainly not lose his reward. Happy are the kind and merciful; miserable are the mean and merciless. Those who are kind and merciful exhibit the traits of the Heavenly Father; those who are mean and merciless exhibit the traits of their Father. That is why one group is happy.

True pleasure and contentment only come from the Father. Doing the things that bring Him pleasure should also pleasure our hearts. It should be our desire to do the things he does; to be like Him. "The LORD, the LORD, the compassionate and gracious God, slow to anger, abounding in love and faithfulness, maintaining love to thousands, and forgiving wickedness, rebellion and sin.”

Is He merciful to me? Yes, I should have a benevolent tender heart toward others. Mercy is the forgiveness of injuries and the relieving of misery. When I find someone in need of mercy, I should have great enthusiasm at the opportunity to touch their lives. Jesus is saying my Kingdom expands one heart at a time. It grows when I share and show mercy to others.


I have been forgiven much, surely I will love much!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home