Wednesday, November 29, 2006

OLD SPICE AND YOUR PRAYER LIFE

Do my prayers make a difference? What happens when my prayers seem ineffective? Which grain of sand actually causes the scales to tip? Which prayer, petition, offering of intimacy with the Father is the one with power. I suspect that it is the culmination of our prayers the weak and the strong that make a difference. When you feel discouraged in the place of prayer keep at it, persist.




Be encouraged the scripture tells us that our prayers are in bowls full of incense which the Father smells. Rev 5:8 Now when He had taken the scroll, the four living creatures and the twenty-four elders fell down before the Lamb, each having a harp, and golden bowls full of incense, which are the prayers of the saints. I don't know too many guys that wear Old Spice cologne these days, but I know plenty of you just thought about your fathers, uncles, or grandpas. Some remember buying these gifts but most of us associate a scent with a person. Hopefully they are good memories. When I used to travel or have to leave my kids...I'll squirt a bottle of my cologne on their pillows...they love to go to sleep and feel like I'm there with them. Your prayers are the cologne or perfume that God fills the throne room with. Even when our prayers seem weak; we make heaven smell good. Even prayers you prayed weeks, months, years ago...they linger in the Father's presence reminding Him of you. You are always on His mind; no prayer is forgotten or wasted. Instead of leaving a comment....share a prayer!

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home