Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Eating the Scroll

Ezekiel 3

1 Moreover He said to me, "Son of man, eat what you find; eat this scroll, and go, speak to the house of Israel." 2 So I opened my mouth, and He caused me to eat that scroll.
3 And He said to me, "Son of man, feed your belly, and fill your stomach with this scroll that I give you." So I ate, and it was in my mouth like honey in sweetness.

Reading the scroll is not the same as eating it.
Hearing the scroll is not the same as eating it.
Studying the scroll is not the same as eating it.
Memorizing the scroll is not the same as eating it.
Teaching the scroll is not the same as eating it.
Preaching the scroll is not the same as eating it.

Matt 26:26-29
26 While they were eating, Jesus took bread, gave thanks and broke it, and gave it to his disciples, saying, "Take and eat; this is my body."
27 Then he took the cup, gave thanks and offered it to them, saying, "Drink from it, all of you. 28 This is my blood of the covenant, which is poured out for many for the forgiveness of sins. 29 I tell you, I will not drink of this fruit of the vine from now on until that day when I drink it anew with you in my Father's kingdom." Jesus who is the Word of God, tells us to "take and eat; this is my body."

There is something to this eating. Recieving the Word of God on the inside transforms us. Ezekiel says: "I opened my mouth and He caused me to eat it." This morning as I waste my strength upon Jesus, all I have to do is open my mouth. Hunger is all it takes; just enough to open our mouths and then He causes or enables us to eat the Word, and it was sweet. Our obedient hunger causes Him to move to fill us. He wants us to eat more than we want spiritual food.

Jesus,
You are the bread of Life; I hunger for you. You are the living water; I thirst for you. My mouth is open now cause me to eat the scroll. Cause me to encounter you. I wait at your feet. Satisfied in you! All that you are; come and fill me. More please!

Amen!



Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home