Wednesday, January 03, 2007

What American's Think...


Another terrorist attack, a warmer planet, death and destruction from a natural disaster. These are among Americans' grim predictions for the United States in 2007.
Only a minority of people think the U.S. will go to war with Iran or North Korea over those countries' nuclear ambitions. An overwhelming majority of those surveyed think Congress will raise the federal minimum wage. One-third see hope for a cure to cancer.


Among other predictions for the U.S. in 2007:


_35 percent predict the military draft will be reinstated.
_35 percent predict a cure for cancer will be found.
_25 percent anticipate the second coming of Jesus Christ.
_19 percent think scientists are likely to find evidence of extraterrestrial life.


Only 25 percent of Americans anticipate the second coming of Jesus Christ. How are we as believers supposed to think about this? After all its been 2000 years. Well, let me share a little picture to help you. When ever I travel away from my family for a day or even longer my kids have one...no two questions for me.

1. When will you be home? 2. Will you bring me back anything? When I get home they are so excited to see me. They have been filled with expectations and anticipation of my return.


This is exactly how we too should live. I am hoping His return will be soon. I am asking Him, come back quickly. Make all things new. What if it isn't this year? My heart will simply long more intensely. That's good!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home